September

Monthly Community Service Hours: 0

Cumulative Semester Service Hours: 0

During September, I continued getting familiar with the material and expectations of the program. I gave two presentations for Advances, which gave me the opportunity to work on presenting scientific information and discussing research in front of others. There were three seminars we attended which introduced us to different research topics and perspectives outside of our regular coursework.

We had two exams this month, along with continuing to learn about several areas of pharmacology. Some of the topics that stood out to me were antibiotics, NSAIDs, and antiviral therapy. I found it particularly interesting when I could connect what we were learning to things I had previously encountered during my time at Hales as a medical assistant. Being able to recognize certain medications, treatments, or clinical situations and then understand the mechanisms behind them helped put some of the material into context.

Overall, September was a month of continuing to build on what I have learned so far. The cumulation of coursework, presentations, seminars, and exams gave me opportunities to apply information in different ways, while also making connections between new material and some of my previous experiences. These connections have made the material feel more relevant and have helped me better understand how the concepts we discuss in class relate to clinical practice. For October, I am excited to start the CV module and to get more involved in service!


Comments